What do new clients need to bring?

Prior Year Tax Return

For new clients, your prior year tax return holds important information. For instance,  we may be able to amend for an item that was missing or incorrectly reported.

We can review any prior year loss carryforwards, making sure you can offset the maximum amount of taxable income.

Documents to Gather

1. Forms W-2; Wages

2. Forms 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B; Investment income earned

3. Forms W2-G; State tax refunds

4. Forms 1099-R; Retirement income

5. Forms SSA-1099; Social Security or disability income received

6. Forms K-1; Partnerships, S-Corporations, Estates, Trusts

7. Health savings account distribution and contribution forms; Form 1099-SA and 5498-SA

8. Form 1098-T; College tuition paid

9. Form 1098-E; Student loan interest paid

10. Form 1098; Mortgage interest paid (and the amount of real estate tax you paid, if not included in mortgage escrow)

11. Amounts of charitable contributions, both cash and non-cash

12. Amount of alimony paid or received

13. For self-employed and rental property, we'll need total income received and any related 1099-Misc, depreciation schedule, and list of  categorized expenses

14. If self-employed, did you contribute to an IRA or SEP plan?