For new clients, your prior year tax return holds important information. For instance, we may be able to amend for an item that was missing or incorrectly reported.
We can review any prior year loss carryforwards, making sure you can offset the maximum amount of taxable income.
1. Forms W-2; Wages
2. Forms 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B; Investment income earned
3. Forms W2-G; State tax refunds
4. Forms 1099-R; Retirement income
5. Forms SSA-1099; Social Security or disability income received
6. Forms K-1; Partnerships, S-Corporations, Estates, Trusts
7. Health savings account distribution and contribution forms; Form 1099-SA and 5498-SA
8. Health Insurance Forms 1095-A, B or C and MA-HC
9. Form 1098-T; College tuition paid
10. Form 1098-E; Student loan interest paid
11. Form 1098; Mortgage interest paid (and the amount of real estate tax you paid, if not included in mortgage escrow)
12. Amounts of charitable contributions, both cash and non-cash
13. Amount of alimony paid or received
14. For self-employed and rental property, we'll need total income received and any related 1099-Misc, depreciation schedules, and list of categorized expenses
15. If self-employed, did you contribute to an IRA or SEP plan?